Monday, June 10, 2013

Memorial Day

Matheson Family Reunion
Memorial Day weekend means that it is time for the
annual Matheson family reunion in Cedar City!
I couldn't be happier to officially be a Matheson this year.
I came with Colton last year as his girlfriend and 
I returned this year as his WIFE! 
Every year the Matheson family fills all the rooms at 
It is the cutest little bed and breakfast run by the sweetest family.
The Matheson's have come every Memorial Day for over 20 years.
I love family traditions.
I love all the Mathesons.
I love Memorial Day.
This weekend was incredible!
Big Yellow Inn

SittingDining
Colton's family is seriously the best!
I LOVE spending time with them.
His grandparents even got Colton and I our own room! 
The Stitch in Time Room

The drive was long but so fun because we were together.
Carter even drove us home! He is growing up so fast!
{He did an excellent job}

Family Softball Game
Every year we play softball on the USU field.
My amazing husband hit a GRAND SLAM!
Because of him, I got to run across home plate.
It was such a fun game and a beautiful day!

{cute little Harris was our bat boy}

Charades
Every year we play "In-Laws" vs. the "Out-Laws"
It was a night full of laughs and witty comments.
This year the "Out-laws" won for the first time in history!

Parowan Petroglyphs
We took a trip out to the "Parowan Gap"
with Grandpa and Grandma Matheson, Norma, and Ed.
It was such a fun little day trip and I was amazed
 how well these carvings have been preserved.

Star Trek
Colton and I went to see the new Star Trek one night.
We liked to get out for some time together at night.
We went for a walk across campus earlier and stumbled upon
a rehearsal of a play for the famous Shakespeare Festival coming up!

Xavier's 15th Birthday!

Hiking the Kanaraville Slot Canyon

This is such a cool canyon.
We hiked it last year and loved it so much we had to come back!








Memorial Day
remembering our loved ones

I loved walking around the beautiful Parowan cemetery and
listening to all the stories of our ancestors.
I am so lucky to be part of such an incredible family.

"Christmas Carol" - born on Christmas 1908 - so cute!


Governor Matheson - I wish I could have met this great man.


This weekend was also our 5 Month Anniversary!
May 27, 2013

{I made a sign and brought a wedding picture to surprise Colton on our vacation!}

It's hard to believe it has already been 5 months!
I love being married to my best friend.
Each day is better than the last!
I am so happy we will be together forever.
I could never adequately express how much I love him.
I am so excited to see what our future holds!


This was such a great weekend & I can't wait for next year!

XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment