Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza and Pandebono!

We loved the BBQ chicken we had the other night so much we made 
BBQ chicken quesadillas for lunch the next day 
and still had enough to make BBQ chicken pizza for dinner! 
This is a great way to stretch one meal. Good thing we love BBQ!
This pizza was incredible and my husband is still talking about it. 
We should have made more than one!

I made the crust from scratch. 
I absolutely love making homemade bread so I thought I would give it a try.
It was so easy, fast and tasted AMAZING.  
If you have some extra time to let it rise it is definitely a delicious way to save some money 
and have a MUCH better pizza crust. 
I just threw it together in the afternoon and let it rise until that night.
I even substituted some whole wheat flour to add flavor and texture. I highly recommend it!

Here is my recipe for the 
Best Pizza Crust:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour **Replace 1 cup all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
  • 1 envelope of RapidRise Yeast
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup of very warm water
  • 2 tbs olive or vegetable oil
  • cornmeal (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
  • In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, and salt. 
  • Stir very warm water and olive oil into flour mixture. 
  • Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. 
  • Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes.
  • Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
  • Lightly oil 1 (14-inch) or 2 (12-inch) round pizza pan(s).** Sprinkle with cornmeal if desired. 
  • Shape dough into smooth ball. Divide and roll dough to fit desired pan. 
  • Top your pizza and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or until done. 
**I baked it on a Pampered Chef pizza stone. It is amazing. It cooks the crust so evenly and nothing will stick to this stone!
  • **Garlic and Herb Pizza Dough: add 2 teaspoons Sweet Basil, Oregano, or Rosemary and 1 clove finely minced garlic along with dry ingredients.


BBQ Chicken Pizza:
So I didn't follow a recipe here.

First, I spread Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce over the uncooked crust

Then, I diced 4 chicken tenders baked in the same BBQ sauce
**Chicken tenders are smaller than chicken breasts so this equals about 2 chicken breasts. I like to cook with chicken tenders because they cook much faster and are easier to work with :)



Finally, I sprinkled the sliced red onion, about 1 cup of a pizza cheese blend, and a handful of chopped cilantro on top.


I baked it for about 20-25 minutes and it was perfect! 
Simple. Easy. Delicious.



Pandebono:
While I was cooking the pizza, my husband was making his favorite...Pandebono!
On his mission in Tempe, AZ he served with a mission companion from Colombia who first introduced him to these little cheese breads.
Ever since he has been home, he has been craving them.
So, the other night he researched recipes online to find the best one.
He even went to Rancho Markets to buy all of the exotic ingredients.
Everything from Masarepa to the most important ingredient...Queso Fresco. 
Good thing they sell it by the pound!



After making these three times, and even making the traditional recipe from scratch...it turns out the best version was actually the mix! We brought these to our friend's surprise party and made them for our crepe party and they were gone in seconds.


My little note on our refrigerator to celebrate. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment