Thursday, March 21, 2013

Late Night Mexican Dinner

My husband loves Mexican food and I am starting to love it as well! 
I loved surprising him after work with these enchiladas. 
I decided to try a new recipe and found myself frantically running around Walmart when I got off work around 9:30 pm. I raced home to bake them before he got off. 
I some how made the sauce, cooked the chicken, and put it all together to bake just in time for it to come out of the oven when he walked through the door. 
Our schedules are so crazy that we often end up eating dinner at 11:00.
This is such a fun time of life!


My husband kept saying how incredible these were and we are definitely putting them on the list of regulars in the Matheson home!

Cilantro Chicken Enchiladas


INGREDIENTS:

1 bunch cilantro
1 cup sour cream
2 (7 ounce) cans jalapeno salsa*
2 (7 ounce) cans prepared green chile salsa
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 onion
12 (6 inch) flour tortillas (you can also use corn but my husband loves flour)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a shredded Mexican cheese blend)

DIRECTIONS:


1.To Make Sour Cream Mixture: In a blender or food processor, puree cilantro, sour cream, jalapeno salsa and 1/2 can of the green chile salsa. Set aside.
2.To Make Chicken Mixture: In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, onion and the remaining 1 1/2 cans of green chile salsa. Mix well.
3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4.Heat tortillas in conventional or microwave oven until soft. Pour enough of the sour cream mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish to coat the bottom. Place 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture over all and top with shredded cheese.
5.Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, or until dish is heated through and bubbling.



*I am in love with this jalapeno salsa that I found. It isn't spicy and I put it on everything now! 




I put it on this spinach, mushroom, broccoli, onion, and cheese omelet for lunch today! Delicious


Best Black Beans


INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 oz) can black beans
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium saucepan, combine beans, onion, and garlic, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Season with cilantro, cayenne, and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment